Holy guacamole, it’s been awhile since I’ve written here. Since my last post, here’s a quick rundown of life stuff:
- I trained and competed with Elsinore Horizon in 2013 to score a 16th Place (out of 42 teams) finish at our first trip to the USPA National Skydiving Championships.
- Our friend Chris took his own life in January of this year.
- Barry got promoted to School Manager at Skydive Elsinore.
- We adopted Herbie, another Puggle.
- My uncle Mike passed away.
- Horizon got a new lineup, and things were going swimmingly.
- One of my teammates had an injury that threatened to put her out through September (AKA no Nationals).
- We didn’t try to find a replacement.
- Barry’s debit card number got stolen somehow, draining his account of all of his money. This took three weeks to fix.
- Our friend Adam passed away, and we made an emergency trip to Chicago for his memorial services.
- After the perfect financial storm and life events, I told the team that I was unable to commit to Nationals this year. This decision did not come lightly, obviously.
But, despite all of it’s challenges, 2014 isn’t a total waste. Barry and I have some big news coming up (that does not involve babies) and we can’t wait to share it. In the mean time, I look forward to reconnecting with all of you here. It’s been awhile!
What’s new in your world? What are you up to? What is the most awesome thing that’s happened in 2014?